Accepting grant applications through March 15th 2021
OUR PHILANTHROPY, GRANT ELIGIBILITY AND GRANT REQUEST PROCESS
The White Rose Foundation, Incorporated, is a volunteer-powered non-profit committed to improving the educational, social, and economic welfare of disadvantaged minorities in the Denver metro area. We are an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff.
We have partnered with The Denver Foundation to establish The White Rose Foundation Endowment Fund, a permanent endowment fund that is being invested to grow for the future to preserve our legacy of giving. The White Rose Foundation is the only African American women’s organization in the State of Colorado that has established a fund with this iconic community foundation. Twice a year The White Rose Foundation gives grants to mission-aligned 501 c(3) organizations.
At a high level, grants and contributions made by TWRF are made to small 501(c)(3) nonprofits that serve Colorado and have been active for at least five (5) years. We primarily support education, health and wellness, civic and community outreach, and the arts. Grant Requests that meet these minimal guidelines are first vetted through The Denver Foundation.
We will not make grants or contributions to:
- Individual research projects, sabbaticals, or fellowships.
- Grants that further political or religious activities.
- Athletic teams or sponsorships.
- Trips, travel, or cultural exchanges.
- Capital campaigns or debt retirement.
- Testimonial dinners.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, or religion.
- Only one application per organization is accepted per calendar year.
- Organizations receiving funding for two consecutive calendar years must take one year off before
- A final report for any previously awarded grant is required before a new request is considered.
- Fund requests more than $5,000.
- Members of The Denver Links Chapter with a potential Conflict of Interest defined as a grant or contribution request from an organization that a Denver Chapter Links member or family member is a paid staff member or can receive payment for services because of a grant or contribution made from TWRF.
For our complete Guidelines for Giving, click Here.
GRANT APPLICATION SCHEDULE
Grants are awarded twice per year on May 1 and November 1.
Application Due Dates:
- To receive a grant on May 1st, applications must be submitted online by MARCH 15 at 5:00 pm MST.
- To receive a grant on November 1st, applications must be submitted online by SEPTEMBER 15 at 5:00 pm MST.
Applications must be submitted by email to: email@example.com. Please include “Request For Funds Proposal” on Subject Line
For our Grant Application, please click Here